I love flowers and was obsessed the last couple of days in making one so I came up with this!
I used a 4.0 hook and whatever yarn i coukd find. its a medium sized flower which worked because it fits perfectly for my mug cozy(about as tall as my mug). If you want it smaller, I guess use a smaller hook and/or thinner yarn.
Ready for the instructions? Here it is!
Ch 4 and join with sl st and chain 2(counts as first DC).
DC 14 times around into the ring and join with sl st.
Ch 1 and sc all the way around and join with sl st.
**1 sc next st, (3dc ch3 and 3 dc in next st), 1 sc in next st**
Continue ** to** 6 more times to make 7 petals.
Finish off with sl st in next stitch and weave in ends.
That's it! It's not too too difficult!!

I think if you do a sc before the petals and after, you end up with fewer petals. There should just be one sc between each. Thanks for the pattern!
ReplyDeleteMagic circle.
ReplyDeleteDC 7 into circle. Pull tail. Join with SL ST. (7sts)
2DC in each DC. Join with SL ST. (14sts)
2SC in next round. Then 1SC in the round after that one. Repeat until you make it back to the beginning and join with a SL ST. (21sts)
Then I followed the rest of the directions to make the petals all the way around. The stitch count allowed for the SC at the beginning of the one line and the SC at the end of the other just fine.